Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Homework

I found some of the issues that were brought up in this video to be rather interesting. Though some of the things discussed do not seem to be very relevant in my opinion. One thing they reference often is that they refer to the first generation to grow up with the internet as a world completely separate from their parents. I think that while this may be an issue for that particular generation, it won’t be a significant issue for very long. I was 13 or 14 before I got internet, but at this point I am well versed in its use and I believe that the generation that my children will be a part of will not have that problem. While they may not use myspace, and facebook, I think that I will have the capacity to learn and understand their internet activities as my parents generation could not. The generation that they refer to in this context will certainly be less naive about the internet that their parents. A lot of the same problems will probably exist but there will be a base for understanding on the part of the parents as well. The generation of parents emerging from the first internet generations will be able to communicate ideas about this technology and through it, and will generally be more aware.

No comments: