Tuesday, February 10, 2009

di Vinci Clone

I thought that it was interesting how he was able to clone such a large piece of work, with large scanners and printing it out. But if it was between a reproduction and an original, depending of the artwork, I would prefer the original, especially, if it is a textual painting. When it is a reproduction, I would not be able to see the texture and brush strokes. When I look at art, I usually look at the brush strokes more than the painting itself. I am always interested on how the artist got from a blank canvas to a canvas filled with color.

With the video on his work, I thought it was interesting. It reminded me of watching documentary on a history. When the camera goes up close to the image and has music playing in the background. It also make it seems like the person in the image is moving but really not moving.

No comments: