Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Internet Art

I visited the websites mentioned in this study and had the same reaction as the students. Some were not particularly user friendly and they didn’t seem to have a purpose. I can understand the frustration of the students having to provide in-depth critiques of these pieces of “internet art” and I can understand how people would not be receptive towards them. The fact that I have never heard of internet art and then having a similar reaction to the participants in the study, makes me think that internet art isn’t all that popular. If it is something that actually has a large following I would be willing to learn more about it. I am more for traditional art though, and feel that the internet should mainly be used for communication, research and information. The internet art did not really hold my attention, but I understand that as an art educator I might eventually have to be more open towards it.

No comments: