Wednesday, February 4, 2009

You Tube by Rachel Stepaniuk

I am not shocked by the obsession with You Tube. There are all kinds of people that are drawn to the opportunity to post something that they created, star in, or even both. I am close to someone who checks out You Tube quite often and knows all the good videos. I myself never browse on You Tube – I just can’t get into it. Although there have been a few creative things I’ve been shown. Actually, now that I think of it, I made a video with friends and we actually ended up posting it on You Tube. Ha! It was not my idea. With the reality TV craze, its no wonder that people love posting and watching on You Tube. Everyone wants his or her 15 minutes.

As far as advertising – it’s interesting. I have not thought about what will be invented to bridge the gap between dwindling TV and the rise of the Internet as far as advertising is concerned. All I know is it worries me.

No comments: